- 1/4 cup softened vegan/non-dairy butter OR 3 tablespoons canola or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all purpose flour (leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan/dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Set a baking sheet aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together for about 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until just combined. Scrape down bowl as necessary. Add the chocolate chips and mix on low-speed until fully combined.
- Cover bowl tightly and place in freezer to chill for 10 minutes. Do not skip this step so that the dough will be of a good consistency.
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop or two tablespoons, scoop cookie dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes OR until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown. Ensure that the tops of set
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, or eat them warm.